We have had a few incidents lately with people arriving for walks at the last minute or late. We have been fairly flexible up to now, but it is unfair to those that make the effort to arrive early. From now on, we will be adhering to the following rules:
- Please arrive for walks at least 10 minutes before the start. This allows time for you to sort out poles, drinks etc.
- You should be ready to start the warm up and then immediately set off at the listed start time, so please put on straps and bags rather than waiting until after the warm up
- If you want to use a tracker on your phone, have the app open already so you just need to unlock your phone, press start and set off
- If you are running late (i.e. will not arrive 10 minutes before start) call the walk leader, we will not call you. Depending on how late you are running we might not be able to wait for you
- If you have not arrived/contacted us by the listed start time we will begin the warm up and assume you are not coming
- Please check the location notes in the confirmation email (or for longer walks, the email sent a few days before) for any special instructions, such as exactly where to meet, paying for parking etc, and allow extra time to find the meeting point if you are unfamiliar with an area. If you’re not sure where you’re going, contact Jane/the walk leader in advance